Lemon and berry baby cakes! ・・・
For the crust
3/4 cup desiccated coconut
1/4 cup cacao plant protein powder
2 Tbsp coconut sugar
2 Tbsp (preferably activated) buckwheat grouts
40 grams cacao butter, grated
For the cupcake
300g silken tofu
1 cup raw, unsalted cashews or macadamias, soaked for 4 hours in water
1 Tbsp lemon zest
1/3 cup lemon juice
1/2 cup rice malt syrup
1 tsp vanilla (of choice- i used powder)
1/4 cup coconut oil
1/4 cup cacao butter, grated
1.5+ Tbsp bare berries powder
Make the crust
1. Set aside a silicone, 6 piece muffin tray.
2. Add grated cacao butter to a heat proof bowl, and set over a pot of simmering water. Allow to melt, then remove from heat and let cool for 5 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, add coconut, coconut sugar, buckwheat and plant protein powder to a large mixing bowl. Mix well, then add the cacao butter. Mix again, spoon approx. 1.5 Tbsp into each silicone mould and press done to form a nice even base (eat any remaining base mixture- yum!). Make the filling
1. Add grated cacao butter and coconut oil to a heat proof bowl, and set over a pot of simmering water. Allow to melt, then remove from heat and let cool for 5 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, add tofu, nuts, lemon zest and juice, rice malt syrup and vanilla to a high-speed blender and blitz on high until smooth (around 1 minutes). 3. Next, add the melted cacao butter and coconut oil, BUT reserve around 1 tsp of the oil. Blend again on high, for around 1 minute.
4. Pour 1/2 the mixture into a bowl. Add the berry powder and remaining oil, and blend again for 15-30 seconds. Taste this mixture, and add more berry powder as desired.
Assemble your cakes
5. Fill each mould 1/2 way with the berry layer, then top with the lemon mixture*. Transfer the left over mixture to the fridge to firm up if you wish to do the pipping on top, and put
. . . #lemoncake #veganfood #foodblogger #cake #food #foodpics #veganfood #vegancake #bestofvegan #foodstyling #dessert #LetsCookVegan #buzzfeast #gloobyfood #beautifulcuisines #veganfoodspot #cupcakes #veganrecipes #yum #lemon #vegan #vegandessert #foodphotography #feedfeed #yummy #veganfoodsnaps